Psycho-social Counseling Jobs, Psycho-social Counseling Jobs in Kenya, Psycho-social counseling Jobs at RefuSHE
Position Title: Associate Psycho-social Counsellor (This is a national position)
Contract Duration: Six months
Supervisor: Child Protection & Case Management Coordinator
Direct Reports: None
The Associate Psycho-social Counsellor will assist in carrying out individual and/or group counseling and provide basic psycho-educational sessions to RefuSHE participants in order to alleviate their psycho-social difficulties or prevent the occurrence. S/he will help to ensure records are kept properly and that the principle of confidentiality is adhered to. S/he will also assist in submitting a truthful and final report with the analysis and conclusions while still protecting participants. S/he will inform the supervisor of any pressing issues that are non-confidential, and which may arise during the sessions.
- Assist in the development of professional, effective, and appropriate psycho-social programming, including direct individual and group counseling support.
- Provide professional and confidential services to sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) and trauma survivors.
- Help in the development and provision of psycho-social activities within RefuSHE Kenya’s project areas within the Urban Refugee Program.
- Support Case Workers in the maintenance of day-to-day awareness of special situations touching on medical needs.
- Support Case Workers in disbursing medicine to RefuSHE Kenya’s participants as prescribed by a doctor and compile a medical consumption report.
- Assist with preparing all relevant reports regarding RefuSHE Kenya’s psychosocial activities.
- Ensure timely implementation of psychosocial program activities.
- Provide one on one counseling services (6-8 sessions per person) to RK participants with personal and social challenges such as conflict, parenting, SGBV issues, death/grief, and dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Provide group therapy sessions for the RK participants on a weekly basis.
- Help to undertake secondary referrals to other psycho-social providers.
- Assist to provide extensive and comprehensive programs and assessments for stress management, depression, anxiety, bipolar management, and other mental illnesses
- Help to analyze the behavioral trends and patterns of the referred cases.
- Assist to develop and monitor a case management system for monitoring of referred cases
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports on the referred cases and provide the best solutions to cases.
- Perform any other lawful duties assigned by the supervisor and Associate Director-Safe House & Case Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling/clinical psychology from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 years’ experience in counseling.
- Experience working with refugees in conflict and post-conflict communities is an added advantage.
- An active member of a recognized professional body is an added advantage.
- Ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment.
How to apply
Your application should be sent to [email protected] indicating the position title in the email subject by close of business on June 19, 2020. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV (as one document in PDF format and give your first and surname) with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, names and contacts of three referees, one of which should be your current supervisor.
Human Resources & Administration Manager
P.O. Box 63192-00619, Nairobi
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted