Front Desk Officer Jobs, Administration Jobs 2020, Nature Kenya Jobs
Position: Membership Sales and Front Desk Officer
Terms: One-year contract renewable subject to performance and funding availability.
This position is responsible for taking membership of prospective non-members, renewing membership, selling Nature Kenya merchandise at the front office and cleaning the office, and ensure overall office neatness. The position holder will be the first point of contact for members and other regular customers arriving at the Nature Kenya office. He/she will assist members along with their inquiries. This position reports directly to the membership manager.
- Process sales of Nature Kenya merchandise at the membership front office shop.
- Ensure safety for allocated Nature Kenya merchandise.
- Take the new memberships.
- Renew memberships.
- Support in membership campaigns and recruitment events outside the office.
- Enter membership details on to the membership database.
- Update membership renewal details on the database.
- Record and report membership and other institutional inquiries at the front office and where appropriate response to inquiries.
- Actively support and participate in membership events including nature walks, trips, the Sunday potluck, talks, and the AGM.
- Enter sales data on the point of sale system.
- Maintain and account for sales stock and receipts.
- Prepare cash returns for banking every day at 3.00 p.m
- Compile monthly sales report.
- File and keep records of membership forms.
- Clean the membership office.
- Make tea or shuttle tea and utensils when required to do so.
- Maintain order/tidiness at the membership office.
- Photocopy for service to members and revenue and as support to staff
- Post membership publications.
- Deliver packages as required.
- Perform any other tasks as delegated.
- The individual should possess excellent customer service skills and be able to engage nature enthusiasts. He/she should have a basic understanding of accounting principles, cash processing procedures, and computer skills.
- Certificate in marketing, communication, tourism, or customer care.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Access, and Excel applications.
- Experience of using a point of sale (POS) system or a CRM tool as the sales force will be an added advantage.
- Basic understanding of accounting and cash processing procedures.
- Excellent telephone manners and able to communicate to a range of audiences.
- Two-year experience in a membership office or customer service.
- Friendly and easy-going personality.
- Able to deal with complaints and give accurate information.
- Naturalist/Birder will be an added advantage.
How to apply
If interested in this position kindly send your application and curriculum vitae to [email protected] The deadline for receiving applications is 1st May 2020.